cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
atari512
Level I

Calculate the probability to find the numbers that appear in European roulette.

Taking several factors into account:

1. The Dealers change every 30 minutes. (each dealer is different).
  2. In the 30 minutes between 50 and 60 pitches are made.
  3. In fast roulette, the ball is always thrown in the same direction.
  4. You have to take into account the different types of caustics that exist between the numbers, for example
    1. if an 11 comes out: a 22 and a 33 can come out (this play is called twins)
    2. Example 2: if a 1 is rolled, 11, 21, 31 can be rolled (this is called the end game),
    3. Example 3: if a 13 comes up, a 31 can come up (this is called a mirror number game)
    4. Example 4: if a 27 is rolled, a 9 or a 22 can be rolled (these are predefined plays)
    5. Example 5: If a 36 is rolled, a 13 and an 11 can be rolled (this is called a neighbor game).
    6. Example 6: If a 13 is rolled, a 26 can be rolled or a 6 can be a 12 (double game)

Depending on the dealer draws one game or another, you have to detect what game he is doing according to the numbers he is drawing and try to predict them.

These are some examples but there are more. Could someone give me a hand?

Note: This text is translated with google translator

2 REPLIES 2
pauldeen
Level VI

Re: Calculate the probability to find the numbers that appear in European roulette.

How about simulation? Create a function that has all these rules you are taking about (If(number ==11, do xyz)) and then just call it miillions of times with a new random number every time (Random integer(1, 100).).

Craige_Hales
Super User

Re: Calculate the probability to find the numbers that appear in European roulette.

That was my thought too, when I read the question. But it appears that (I've only seen this game in Bond movies...)

• each game is independent; the outcome of the previous game does not change the next game in any way.
  • each of the N outcomes in a game is equally likely.
  • there are a bunch of bets that select multiple outcomes and payoff factors

There is nothing interesting here...

Unless you believe there is a way for the dealer to affect the outcome, which seems to be what the question is about. I'm pretty sure it would be possible to build a robotic dealer that could target half of the wheel with some degree >50% of accuracy. If I was a bored, minimum wage dealer, I'd almost certainly be trying to see if I could somehow do that. Then the question becomes "can I tell after 40 games (the first 20 minutes of a 30 minute run for a dealer) how to place a bet for the last 10 minutes?" because some of the multiple outcome bets do target sectors of the wheel.

The little bit of research I just did was kind of crazy. The site I wanted to reference had a section on monopole magnets, so I'll leave that out. I'm going to clear my cookies now.

Craige