cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Bulk change to log scale and color of reference line

Hi,

I used "fit y by x" in JMP16 to generate about 25 graphs. How can I change all of their scales to log scale without going to individual graph's axis settings please?

Also, each one of the graphs have their unique USL that gets displayed a reference line in color blue. How could I change all the 25 reference line's color from blue to red please?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Bulk change to log scale and color of reference line

If you used a variable with 25 levels in the By role so that all the plots are in the same window, then right-click on the axis that you changed and select Copy Axis Settings. Then press and hold the CTRL key (Windows) or the Command key (Mac), right-click on the axis of another plot and select Paste Axis Settings.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for sharing the tip. Unfortunately, when I do that following 2 things happen,

- The y-axis data range is different for all the 25 graphs and hence upon pasting the axis settings the data points move outside of the visible range.

- Each graph has its own unique spec limit, thus, when i paste the axis settings the spec limits from source graph gets pasted to the new graph and i have more than 1 spec limit

I have attached semiconductor capability.jmp as an example. See script "Fit Y by X - log scale 2" please

I think that the solution might be more complicated than I thought at first. It will require scripting. I do not have time to write a script at the moment.

jthi
Super User

Changing Y-axis is fairly easy

Names Default To Here(1);

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp");

fg = dt << Fit Group(
	Oneway(Y(:NPN1), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP1), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP2), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:NPN2), X(:lot_id)),
	Oneway(Y(:PNP3), X(:lot_id)),
	<<{Arrange in Rows(1)}
);

axis_box_refs = (Report(fg) << XPath("//OutlineBox[starts-with(text(), 'Oneway Analysis of')]//AxisBox"));
axis_box_refs[1::N Items(axis_box_refs)::2] << Scale("Log");

updating colors of reference lines is most likely a bit more difficult and and will depend on where you are getting the limits from.

-Jarmo

Thanks jthi. This worked for changing to log scale