cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ohaynes
Level I

Bubble Plots

Hello, I am making a bubble plot that compares data over time for 3 separate processes. 2 of the processes have data up to 12 months while the third only has up to 9 months. I wondering if there was a way for the bubble to stay around at the 9 month mark instead of disappearing completely once the time moves past. I have included a before and after image once the time reaches 9 months. 

ohaynes_0-1630602695703.pngohaynes_1-1630602726101.png

Ideally, I would just like the red line to remain on the graph even after the other 2 lines move past the 9 month mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bubble Plots

It is not exactly what you are looking for, but you can turn on the trail bubbles feature. Here is an example of how that would look:

Dan_Obermiller_0-1630675280173.png

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

One way to handle this, would be to just replicate the red line data from the last time measurement, to each time period after.

Jim
ohaynes
Level I

Hi Jim,

Thank you for the possible solution. For what I am trying to portray, that would make it seem as if the red line remains constant after 9 months, when really there is no data. I think what i am trying to do (eg. freeze the bubble in place while the others continue to move) isn't possible to do in an animated graph.

Thank you

It is not exactly what you are looking for, but you can turn on the trail bubbles feature. Here is an example of how that would look:

Dan_Obermiller_0-1630675280173.png

Dan Obermiller