cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
pankajsync
Level I

Box size of Graph builder plot

Is there a way I can specify box size for a graph builder plot? See highlighted image below. Box size does not include the axis label sizes. I want to make multiple plots with same box size. Frame size considers the size of the whole frame and not the box.

pankajsync_0-1603831630111.png

5 REPLIES 5
mzwald
Staff

Re: Box size of Graph builder plot

If you hover the cursor over the edge of the plot boundary, the cursor will change to a double-sided arrow and you can the rescale the plot how you like with the mouse. The change will apply to all the other plots in that Graph Builder visual.
pankajsync
Level I

I would like to explicitly specify the size of the box in the script. So I can produce plots with consistent box sizes all the time (not necessarily at the time when I have plots open). Is there something similar to 'Frame size' which is meant for box size?
mzwald
Staff

The Size(x,y) option will allow you to set the size of the whole plot and the number of subplots will automatically scale to fill in that space.

Graph Builder(
Size( x, y ),
Show Control Panel( 0 ),
Variables( X( :X ), Y( :Y ), Group X( :Group ) ),
Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 15 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 16 ) ) )
);
ezorlo
Level IV

How do I resize an existing graph with this script?

Thanks

txnelson
Super User

One can easily change the size of the graph's frame box.  This example creates a simple graph using Graph Builder,  Then, after the graph has been created, the JSL 

current report()[framebox(1)]<<frame size(600,600);

is run to change the size of the graph.

Full Example:

names default to here(1);
// Open Data Table: big class.jmp
// → Data Table( "big class" )
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/big class.jmp" );

Graph Builder(
	Size( 525, 454 ),
	Show Control Panel( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 3 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 4 ) ) )
);

wait(5);
// Change the graph size
current report()[framebox(1)]<<frame size(600,600);
Jim