cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Tomer9w
Level II

Bivariate plot spline un-selected faded

Is there a way to make all un-selected splines faded? in a bivariate plot!

The default is same as pre-selection.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ErraticAttack
Level VI

Re: Bivariate plot spline un-selected faded

You'll have to do this manually -- JMP does not give an automatic handle to this.  I use Spline Coef() and Spline Eval() to generate the spline points, then use a graphics script to draw the lines and add a handle to the legend box.

Jordan
Raaed
Level IV

go to analyze > fit y by x > then input y and x variables in contextual 

then follow the next photo 

Řaëd ~✍

Do you have a set up like this example, where the Group by menu command sets up groups of data before using the Fit Flexible command?

splines.PNG

If so, then I do mot know what you mean by selected or un-selected splines. There is no way to select one of the fitted groups.

ErraticAttack
Level VI

I believe that it is a pretty common situation when looking at a large number of trendlines (perhaps you have 50 tools all running the same process and are comparing defectivity vs. tool) that you'd want to be able to highlight a specific trend.  The natural way of doing this is by selecting the trend in the legend, but this only emphasizes the points, not the lines.  I've created a custom script that does this and I believe this is what the OP is asking about.  Below is a comparison of my solution vs. a standard Row Legend behavior on some fake data.

The second plot here (the default behavior) is mostly useless w/re to comparing anything about the trendlines

ErraticAttach_1-1651512404478.png

ErraticAttach_2-1651512716686.png

JMP provides all the tool necessary to do this -- Spline Eval, Spline Coef, and handlers to the TableBox object to re-draw the lines when the legend selection is updated, but it can be a bit of a chore to setup initially.

Jordan
Tomer9w
Level II

Looks amazing @ErraticAttack 

I'd appreciate if you could share your script. 

Thanks!