cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
swaiper
Level II

Auto-launch jmp App

Hi,

I create a short JMP App to generate graphs. I need to launch this app whithout start the jmp home window (like creating an executable file).

If I use a script (.jsl), I can launch it from a batch file like this :

start "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAS\JMPSW\12\jmp.exe" "C:\Users\sdgf\Desktop\JMP\Premiers essais\try.jsl"

Buy adding "//!" in the scope of the script.

But impossible to do the same thing with a jmp app (.jmpappsource).

How can I do this?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Romain

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Auto-launch jmp App

I think the .jmpapp detail in Peter's response is the important part here.

When you save the JMP application by default you get a .jmpappsource file, which invokes the editor when opened.  If you use Save As (Win) or Export (Mac) to save a .jmpapp file, the application will run when opened.  I don't think you will need a bat file or jsl wrapper in this case.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pmroz
Super User

Might be a more direct way, but this works.  Put the following code into try.jsl.  Note the .jmpapp extension.

//!

// above line means just run the program

jmp_app_program = "c:\temp\My Great Program.jmpapp";

open(jmp_app_program);

I think the .jmpapp detail in Peter's response is the important part here.

When you save the JMP application by default you get a .jmpappsource file, which invokes the editor when opened.  If you use Save As (Win) or Export (Mac) to save a .jmpapp file, the application will run when opened.  I don't think you will need a bat file or jsl wrapper in this case.

swaiper
Level II

Thank you, this is working fine. DanSchikore

Working too, but not realy the best solution in my case. PMroz

hogi
Level XI

Another way: add << run at the end of the code in the .jmpappsource file.

I like @pmroz approach to use the helper jsl code open(application.jmpapp) 
This also solves my riddle how to include a jmp application the easiest way in a Jmp Add-In ... without hickups!

<jm:action type="text">open("$ADDIN_HOME(AddIn name)\Application.jmpapp")</jm:action>

Alternatives solutions:

• link the .jmpappsource file in the .jmpcust Add-In definition file
    <jm:action type="path">$ADDIN_HOME(AddIn name)\Application.jmpappsource</jm:action>
    (and add << run at the end of the code)
  • link the .jmpapp file in the .jmpcust Add-In definition file
    <jm:action type="path">$ADDIN_HOME(AddIn name)\Application.jmpapp</jm:action>
    (and add << run at the end of the code *)

Both alternatives are dangerous, because after every edit of the code the << run has to be added again manually.

*) without the << run at the end, even with .jmpapp file type no application is opened;
On the other hand: with the << run at the end of the code, you will get 2 applications when you open the application directly via the .jmpapp file