cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Appending Data To Table

I have a large data table in JMP with several scripts saved to the table.  Each week, I receive additional data via Excel files to append to the data table and repeat the analysis via the saved scripts.  The problem is appending the data to the JMP data table from the Excel files.  Can someone explain how to do this without having to create a whole new data table each time and so that I can utilize the saved scripts?

Thanks!

Steve
2 REPLIES 2
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Re: Appending Data To Table

I think I partially solved my issue.  I was getting an error message that stated that my data types did not match in some columns.  This issue seems to be due to some columns in the Excel spreadsheet have text or dates.  so, the problem is:  How to make the data types acceptable to the JMP table.

Steve
Steven_Moore
Level VI

Re: Appending Data To Table

Now I have completely answered my own question:  One can update a data table from the original source by running the Source script saved in the data table.  Sorry for wasting people's time on this one!

Steve