cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
djhanson
Level V

JMP Variability Chart - Vertical Reference Lines?

Hi, does anyone know how to add in vertical reference line(s) to a Variability/Gauge Chart?  To clarify, I don't mean the optional CustomStreamSeg vertical line red separators for each grouping which are controlled via a Dispatch.

For example:

Variability Chart(

Y(:Data),

X(:State, :Fruit, :Time),

);

I want to add in some x-axis vertical reference lines by Time for the State and Fruit groupings.  thoughts?  thx, dj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: JMP Variability Chart - Vertical Reference Lines?

The axis there is categorical and doesn't have a reference line feature, but you can tap in to the underlying numeric scale and add a custom script to draw vertical lines. Right-click on graph > Customize > Add button. Here's an example with two red reference lines. You can use the "Text()" function to draw text inside the graph or add an Annotation over the axis.

7183_varreflines.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
XanGregg
Staff

The axis there is categorical and doesn't have a reference line feature, but you can tap in to the underlying numeric scale and add a custom script to draw vertical lines. Right-click on graph > Customize > Add button. Here's an example with two red reference lines. You can use the "Text()" function to draw text inside the graph or add an Annotation over the axis.

7183_varreflines.png

Steven_Moore
Level VI

I t would be great to have such features added to add reference lines without having to write a script.  I suspect many users (like me) just don't have the aptitude/time to learn/interest, etc. for writing scripts.

Steve
XanGregg
Staff

Agreed. We are already working to improve our categorical axes in general features like reference lines, though Variability is one of the more complex case.