cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MW_JMP
Level I

Adjusting spacing between figure categories

Is there a way to adjust the spacing between categories within figures. I frequently make bar graphs and dot plots with multiple categories and am unable to distinguish different groups. In this example I am plotting mass against SAID (Sample IDs) and number of cycles. I would like to separate the SAIDs to help visualize the samples separately. Is there a way to do this without changing the width of the bars or the spacing between cycles? Thanks for your help.

Example bar figure.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Adjusting spacing between figure categories

I suggest that you use your SAID column as an X Grouping variable and your PCR Cycles as the X axis variable.

txnelson_0-1645026730076.png       or     txnelson_2-1645026998861.png

You can then right click on the graph and select "Customize" and change the Bar's Width Proportion to whatever you need it to be, for each of the levels of the X Grouping

txnelson_1-1645026870062.png

Jim
jthi
Super User

Re: Adjusting spacing between figure categories

In addition to @txnelsons answer if you are going to use the variables as grouping variables, it allows you to set Graph Spacing. This will set wider "bar" between different groups

jthi_0-1645039224266.png

-Jarmo