cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JL_LZH
Level III

Adding and deleting borders of graphs in graph builder

Hello,

I want to tweak a graph to my wishes but I'm not as succesful as I want...

The graph consists of 2 columns.

1. I would like to get rid of the little grey line on top, seperating the titles of the columns
  2. And I would like to have a black line closing the graph on the top

Is there something in the preferences or may elsewhere that I just didn't find..?

Thanks a lot!

@martindemel

beispiel.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding and deleting borders of graphs in graph builder

x group edge is the Group X labeling position above or below the graph. But it helped me to understand what you are looking at and want to change. 

Try the setting in Graph Builder to change the Level Spacing Color to white and you will not see the light grey string in case you have a white background for your window. In the below image I have checked several options which change the coloring for the areas in Graph Builder by setting preferences. The one you need seems to be the "Level Spacing Color".

LevelSpacingColor.JPG

/****NeverStopLearning****/

View solution in original post

This can be done using the "Spacing Borders" option or via script

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
dt << Graph Builder(
	Level Fill Color( "White" ),
	Level Frame Color( "White" ),
	Level Spacing Color( "White" ),
	Level Underline( 1 ),
	Page Level Underline( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ), Group X( :sex ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 2 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"Graph Builder",
			FrameBox,
			{Left( 1 ), Right( 0 ), Top( 1 ), Bottom( 1 )} //here you specify where a border appears
		),
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"Graph Builder",
			FrameBox( 2 ),
			{Left( 0 ), Right( 1 ), Top( 1 ), Bottom( 1 )} //here you specify where a border appears
		)
	)
);

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

not sure I understand what you want to achieve, but I try:

• Under Menu -> Preferences -> Styles -> "Tick Marks and Grid Lines" you may check "Frame Border" if not done already.
  • Your image seems like you have exported it and the result is not as you saw it in JMP, is that correct? If so than there may be various causes you might want to check with Tech Support. Starting from settings, through rendering, the final type of document you put it in, ...
  •  If it is directly in JMP, please check the above preferences as well as in the axis settings if you have added grids.

Best,

Martin

JL_LZH
Level III

Hello Martin,

thanks for your reply. The graph looks the same in jmp, its a screenshot. I just deleted the data with an imaging software.

The frame border option is already active. But it seems that its not working with columns.

The small grey line seperating the column titles is called x group edge. When I right click it, I can switch between having it on top of the graph or on the bottom. But I can't find a way to change the colour.

If I find the time I will try to build a better example.

x group edge is the Group X labeling position above or below the graph. But it helped me to understand what you are looking at and want to change. 

Try the setting in Graph Builder to change the Level Spacing Color to white and you will not see the light grey string in case you have a white background for your window. In the below image I have checked several options which change the coloring for the areas in Graph Builder by setting preferences. The one you need seems to be the "Level Spacing Color".

LevelSpacingColor.JPG

JL_LZH
Level III

That worked! I needed to redo the graph but now the grey line is gone. Thanks a lot!

Still wondering if I can get a black border closing the graph to the top.

This can be done using the "Spacing Borders" option or via script

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
dt << Graph Builder(
	Level Fill Color( "White" ),
	Level Frame Color( "White" ),
	Level Spacing Color( "White" ),
	Level Underline( 1 ),
	Page Level Underline( 0 ),
	Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ), Group X( :sex ) ),
	Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ) ), Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 2 ) ) ),
	SendToReport(
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"Graph Builder",
			FrameBox,
			{Left( 1 ), Right( 0 ), Top( 1 ), Bottom( 1 )} //here you specify where a border appears
		),
		Dispatch(
			{},
			"Graph Builder",
			FrameBox( 2 ),
			{Left( 0 ), Right( 1 ), Top( 1 ), Bottom( 1 )} //here you specify where a border appears
		)
	)
);
JL_LZH
Level III

Hello Martin,

Spacing Borders worked perfectly! Thanks a lot for your efforts!