cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
katelyn
Level I

Adding Duplicate Rows

Quick question,

I am working on moving columns from one data table over to another.  The rows don't match up, the place where I am moving the columns has 4 times more rows.  Is there a way that I can duplicate every row three times to make the copying and pasting easier?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding Duplicate Rows

Have you investigated the Tables > Join command? The default method to match rows but there is another option, Cartesian, to match every row in one table with every row in the other table. I can't tell from your description if this way will work but it is worth looking into.

See Help > Books > Using JMP > Reshape Data chapter > Join section.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Go to

Tables==Concatinate

There you can specify to concatinate your current data table 3 times concat.GIF

Jim

Have you investigated the Tables > Join command? The default method to match rows but there is another option, Cartesian, to match every row in one table with every row in the other table. I can't tell from your description if this way will work but it is worth looking into.

See Help > Books > Using JMP > Reshape Data chapter > Join section.

Roselle_Grant
Level II

This helped me... Thanks!