cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
almighty22
Level II

1E+05 to 100000

Hi guys,

Why the JSL didn't change the 1E+05 to 100000 when I tabulate the data? What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
almighty22
Level II

Re: 1E+05 to 100000

And also the graph that I stimulate. Showing only the front number like 1.01E+05 from my raw data and it shown directly at the graph axis as 1.01E+05.
txnelson
Super User

You may have to provide your data table and/or script to allow the determination of your issue.  But I will guess that it may be because you are specifying a Scientific format for the data in your data table.

Jim
almighty22
Level II

Thanks nelson. You remind me, is the scientific format issues. I fixed it.

txnelson
Super User

The issue is that the data in scientific notation,  coming from the .txt files is being interpreted by JMP as character data, not numeric.  I am not aware of a method to change that during the reading in of the data, however, it is a simple matter to do that after the data are in the data table.  The following modification to your code will make the changes:

:Column 1 << Set Name( "Frequency" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 2 << Set Name( "S11 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 3 << Set Name( "Result1" );
:Column 4 << Set Name( "S21 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 5 << Set Name( "Result2" );
:Column 6 << Set Name( "S22 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 7 << Set Name( "Result3" );

Please note the format setting.  You can change the format to any JMP numeric format, and it will that format the Graph windows will use.

scientific.PNG

Jim