cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
almighty22
Level II

1E+05 to 100000

Hi guys,

Why the JSL didn't change the 1E+05 to 100000 when I tabulate the data? What can I do?

4 REPLIES 4
almighty22
Level II

Re: 1E+05 to 100000

And also the graph that I stimulate. Showing only the front number like 1.01E+05 from my raw data and it shown directly at the graph axis as 1.01E+05.
txnelson
Super User

You may have to provide your data table and/or script to allow the determination of your issue.  But I will guess that it may be because you are specifying a Scientific format for the data in your data table.

Jim
almighty22
Level II

Thanks nelson. You remind me, is the scientific format issues. I fixed it.

txnelson
Super User

The issue is that the data in scientific notation,  coming from the .txt files is being interpreted by JMP as character data, not numeric.  I am not aware of a method to change that during the reading in of the data, however, it is a simple matter to do that after the data are in the data table.  The following modification to your code will make the changes:

:Column 1 << Set Name( "Frequency" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 2 << Set Name( "S11 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 3 << Set Name( "Result1" );
:Column 4 << Set Name( "S21 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 5 << Set Name( "Result2" );
:Column 6 << Set Name( "S22 Data" )<<data type(numeric)<<modeling type(continuous)<<format("Best",15,7);
:Column 7 << Set Name( "Result3" );

Please note the format setting.  You can change the format to any JMP numeric format, and it will that format the Graph windows will use.

scientific.PNG

Jim