cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Share "green" data sources

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 11.40.32 AM.pngMany of us in the JMP community are passionate about the environment, conservation and sustainability and would like to understand and analyze data related to these topics. But it's not always so easy to find good sources of data.

For this discussion, I ask you to share "green" data sources that everyone can use and explore. This can be a website, a JMP Public post with data attached, a data table, or something else. This will be helpful for bringing attention to important sustainability concerns highlighted by global environmental observances like Climate Week (coming the third week of September), Earth Day and World Environment Day.

I'll start off the discussion by sharing a JMP Public post by @Valerie_Nedbal about global warming in Germany. It has data attached.

Read the JMP Blog: jmp.com/blog
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Share "green" data sources

NOAA National Centers for Environmental Information - Heat Stress Datasets by City

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/societal-impacts/heat-stress/data

Absolutely! Thanks, @katie_stone -- please share more like this if you find it and maybe add a little description.

Thanks for starting us off, @arati_mejdal!

I created this JMP Public Post based on data from the American Lung Association's 2021 State of the Air report. The data were only available in PDF format, but luckily JMP's PDF import tool worked very well for this.

Thanks for sharing your JMP Public post and the EPA data source, @Jordan_Hiller !

Here's a data source I have not yet explored thoroughly: The EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program.

From their website: "EPA's Greenhouse Gas Reporting Program (GHGRP) tracks facility-level emissions from the largest sources of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States."

Here's my JMP Public Post, OECD Green Data for CO2 Emission and the data source is OECD.stat site. You can download csv data via this site.

And another good data source is Our World in Data. You can find several categories and energe/environment topic as well.

This is great, @DaeYun_Kim -- I love how you embedded your JMP Public post. Thanks for sharing this excellent data source. I've already spent an hour exploring it.

Thanks for adding these, @Jordan_Hiller.