cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jthi
Super User

Analyse Columns and Enhanced Sankey Plot add-ins for Nordics User Group

Public versions of the two tools that we ( @jpol and @jthi ) will be demonstrating in In-Person Nordics User Group: 05 October 2022 have now been released in JMP Community. We do have our own internal versions of the add-ins but there shouldn't (at least not yet) be any major differences (presentations will be performed with our internal versions).

If you have time, feel free to test them out and ask questions about them when we meet.

Analyse Columns 

Analyse columns is a tool which will perform fairly quick pre-determined summary statistics (explained below) for your discrete (nominal/ordinal) and continuous data

jthi_0-1664700438415.png

Enhanced Sankey Plot (ESP) 

This add-in provides easy to change X-axis for parallel plot found from Graph Builder which creates one more EDA (Exploratory Data Analysis) tool for JMP which is fairly easy to use and interactive.

jthi_1-1664700492790.png

-Jarmo
5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Re: Analyse Columns and Enhanced Sankey Plot add-ins for Nordics User Group

Based on the feedback received in the meeting, I have added Predictor Screening behind Auto-Order button

Start when Auto-Order is pressed:

jthi_0-1665069542939.png

Result after some additional selections done:

jthi_4-1665069770498.png

jthi_5-1665069905267.png

-Jarmo
Ressel
Level VI

@jpol @jpol, curious where to find the IBM colour palette that was used during the presentation of the Sankey plot. As a personal follow-up, I have now changed to a different JMP palette, am consequently away from green and red but not quite happy due to "sallowness" (tyyneyttä? ... I had to look that word up in both languages).

P.s.: May ask a follow-up question, how to get a different palette into JMP, later on.

jthi
Super User

Hi @Ressel, I'm not sure where @jpol has found the palette or if the has built it himself from somewhere like Coloring for Colorblindness (davidmathlogic.com) (seems like very nice page for building color palettes). This might work (just built it):

Add Color Theme({"IBM", 2051, 
	{{100, 143, 255}, 
	{120, 94, 240}, 
	{220, 38, 127}, 
	{254, 97, 0}, 
	{255, 176, 0}, 
	Missing({64, 176, 166})}
});

I personally like Cividis which I found from jmp community: https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/colorblind-safe-palette-JMP-13/m-p/55181/highlight/true#M31...

jthi_3-1665424391366.png

And from time to time I use something like this Seaborn-Inspired Modern Styling 

You can use JSL to set the color preference or you can use preferences menu

jthi_2-1665424362184.png

-Jarmo
Ressel
Level VI

Bookmarked! Thanks.

jpol
Level IV