cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Practice JMP using these webinar videos and resources. We hold live Mastering JMP Zoom webinars with Q&A most Fridays at 2 pm US Eastern Time. See the list and register. Local-language live Zoom webinars occur in the UK, Western Europe and Asia. See your country jmp.com/mastering site.

Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Creating and Using JMP 18 Platform Presets

Create new JMP 18 platform presets and report customizations (including colors, axis settings, red triangle options) for an analysis to use with future launches of the same analysis platform.  Learn to create and save your own preferred configuration as a preset for any data table or set of columns.

See how to:

• Understand presets
    • Presets are independent of a data table
    • Presets can be broadcast to other open windows using Control Key on Windows (or Command on Mac)
    • You can drag Platform Preset Icon from one window to another
  • Apply sample platform presets
  • Create your own presets
    • Create different folder levels to create a library of presets
    • Presets can capture fonts, colors, properties, red triangle options, axis settings, opening/closing outline boxes, graph sizes and more
    • Rule of Thumb: If it could be scripted, a preset will capture it
  • Share and manage presets
  • Import/export presets
  • Understand  when to use Presets, Preferences, Workflow Builder
    • Preset - reuse report customizations
    • Preferences  - specify global JMP settings
    • Workflow Builder - capture data preparation and analysis sequences

Questions answered by @wdcorley1 and @O_Lippincott at the live webinar demo.

Q: What is the relationship between global level preferences and platform presets. Does one override the other?

A: If I had preferences set globally or for a particular graph type (like font size) and also had a preset that had a different value, then the preset will  override the preference. But if I don't have a preset that includes any anything about a particular type of item (like font size), then the platform will take whatever preference I have for that item type.

Q:  Can we apply custom presets to a custom display window that  we created using JSL?

Resources

Recommended Articles