cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JohnPonte
Staff (Retired)
Periodic Table of Elements in JMP

Did you ever want to explore the Periodic Table of Elements in JMP? One customer did so I created the shape files for the table and I uploaded them to the File Exchange at Shape files for the Periodic Table of Elements.  I also created a JMP data table of the elements, with information like element name and atomic number. You can download that file from Periodic Table of Elements Example​. You can run the script in it to show you how to use the shapes to produce the table, colored by the type of element. Or you can add your own data for each element, such as "charge" and visualize it your own way. If you want an example of how to create shape files programmatically you can look at the JSL I wrote to produce the shape files at JSL to generate the Periodic Table of Elements​. I hope you find this useful.

Last Modified: Oct 28, 2016 9:31 AM