cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

.jsl Script call from Python

It would be great to create a pacakge in python. So, that We can import the package python and call the jsl from python itself. 

I have a jsl script which will generate plots and save to a particular location. I want to call this script from python and in back-end, it will run the script in JMP and save the plots. Can tell me command for the same in python.

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/jsl-Script-call-from-Python/m-p/206295#M41799

@txnelson 

@Paul_Nelson 

2 Comments
Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
Paul_Nelson
Staff

Go and grab JMP 18.0, now available.  The updated Python Integration has an import jmp package that supports access, modification and creation of data tables from Python.  The package also has a run_jsl() command that lets you submit JSL from the Python script.   JMP 18 Python Integration focuses primarily on ease of use, and productive environment for a Python programmer, data table access and easy package installation into the now JMP specific environment.  A Python aware script editor supporting Python syntax highlighting. Directly running the pure Python scripts from editor, or Python mixed with JSL using run_jsl().  Extensive examples of the Python support in the Scripting Index under a new 'Python' category.  

import jmp

jmp.run_jsl('''

Names Default to Here(1);

print("Hello");

''')