Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Test if data table is locked

Currently there does not seem to be any method to test if a table is locked if it has been locked either through the red triangle drop down or the Lock Data Table() function. 

When a data table is locked either through the drop down or in JSL with dt<<Lock Data Table(1); testing to see if the table is locked using dt<< Get Edit Lock(); returns Empty(), which doesn't make sense. My expectation is that it should return a list: {"Modify Cells", "Add Rows", "Delete Rows", "Add Columns", "Delete Columns"}. 

Tracking Number:

Defect ID: S1546324

4 Comments
Super User

I have a kludge work around. 

dt = current data table();
lock=0;
Try( dt << New Column( "Test Lock"); dt << Delete Columns("Test Lock"), lock=1);     

show(lock);
Level IV

Thanks gz. I like the kludge, but JMP should still fix the unexpected behavior.

Thanks for the suggestion and workarounds. This is being imlemented now and i can report that i've seen it working in the major version of JMP (16) currently under development. We appreciate the suggestion!

Audrey

Community Manager
Status changed to: In Development