cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Python and R embedded

Is it possible to consider as an option when installing JMP that Python and/or R can be installed and that these "extras" will be only used by JMP and do not interfere with other possible installations of Python and/or R.

Thanks

12 Comments
FN
Level VI

I believe that a better integration with Anaconda is really necessary. Today, the only supported version is Anaconda with Python 3.6 (a 2-y old package)

Alternatively, the ideal scenario will be to have an option in settings for specifying the PATH.

This way, portable versions of Python/R can be used.

See for example:

https://winpython.github.io/

nascif_jmp
Level VI

@FN I wrote a script to improve the JMP integration with Anaconda some time ago - it allows you to specify an arbitrary conda env and it adjusts the path variables used by JMP to reflect the env settings. Anaconda Environments Integration 

xuzhanyoujmp
Level I

It will great option if SAS can integrate the power and reliability of JMP and flexibility of R/Python programming for data analyses. 

CAPEGA
Level III

This feature would greatly improve the following addin: https://community.jmp.com/t5/tkb/workflowpage/tkb-id/add-ins/article-id/1610. Right now the addin include its own python implementation (pyJMP)

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: New

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @guillaumebugnon, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Investigating

@guillaumebugnon we are actively investigating this and we will follow up when we have more to share.  Thanks for the suggestion.  

SamGardner
Staff
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

@guillaumebugnon in version 18 we are planning on installing a version of Python when you install JMP that can be run from within JMP, and will be separate from other versions of Python that are installed.   You can see this in the early adopter version for v18 if you are member of the EA program.  

guillaumebugnon
Level V

Hello @SamGardner , great news.

Thanks