cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Option for Conditional filter not to clear selections

What inspired this wish list request? 

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

shampton82_0-1675265821494.png

In this example, if I changed the date filter, I would want the P30770 selection to stay selected until the P30770 selection is no longer has any qty in the selected time period.

Why is this idea important? 

6 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @shampton82, thank you for submitting this idea! We will review it and keep you updated on the status. 

Status changed to: Investigating

shampton82
Level VII

Just to add some more detail to this request as I for some reason didn't fill out all the requested info in the default "wish list template".

• An additional ask would be that when you toggle conditional on and off the selections wouldn't clear.  Especially if you are toggling from conditional to non-conditional the selections should stay (we know the data is there!).  I usually start with a condition filter and then as needed turn it off if I need to be filtering high level items but don't want lower level filters to get blown out.
  • The original request gets really important with big data sets as having to change a higher level filter can cause big slowdowns (and even crashes) when all the lower level filters get cleared and now all the data tries to show up in something like Graph Builder.
hogi
Level XI

@shampton82 :
seems that many users think along the same line:
different behavior of "clear" for conditional data filters ?

@Sarah-Sylvestre : the other wish is from 2022 - just before JMP17 came out - what is the current status?

shampton82
Level VII

Hey @hogi !

Yep it is the same need as your wish.  Conditional filters are crazy powerful and useful but having the levels clear below a changed "parent" level is super frustrating.  If they can do this for us lets hope they can fit in this as well, another clearing selection annoyance.

Have data filter selections not clear when you need to enter a new filtering ite... - JMP User Commu...

hogi
Level XI

Yes, right, sooooo annoying - and absolutely  no need to reset the selection!
I think I found a solution. I will check ...
didn't find anything ...

Concerning Conditional -> option: don't deselect!!! :
Just 1 person found my wish. 

So, maybe we have some luck with the second attempt.
-> I kudoed here