cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Have data filter selections not clear when you need to enter a new filtering item

What inspired this wish list request? When I need to filter multiple items in a list it is great to be able to type in the main portion of the "item" so that the filter only shows relevant items.  However, when I then go to filter additional items and thus clear the filter text box when I type in a new main portion of an item into the filter text box it resets the selections.

In this example I want to select all names starting with C and J.  So I start with c's:

shampton82_0-1689087734054.png

clear the filter text box and so far so good....

shampton82_1-1689087761506.png

Then go to J's:

shampton82_2-1689087799684.png

and now my c's are no longer selected...

What is the improvement you would like to see? Please allow the ability for the previously selected items to not be cleared, thus the change in filtered items can be additive.

Why is this idea important? This will speed up the process of filtering columns with lots of levels that are not in easy to find blocks.

2 Comments
hogi
Level XI

Thumbs up.

With current jmp, you just have once the chance to use the joker "filter the list" - use it wisely for your first selection.
All additional selections have to done without using the filter.

hogi
Level XI

On discovery summit US, @julian used a trick to "collect" column via the filter from a wide data table:
- search the the first column via the filter - > scroll lock

- search the second column via filter -> scroll lock

-> select both column at the "top"/left of the bale

Is this the best workaround for the moment till the issue is fixed?
I don't like to change the table structure just to get several columns selected from a wide data table.