cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Open last platform in use

Many times we run distribution or some another platform and after some changes in the data, we run it again.

I suggest JMP will have a command (with key combination shortcut) which opens the last dialog in use, instead of going to menus again and again.

Thank you.

=====

From Main Menu - Edit Last Command/Action:

@Simone1 said:

The proposal of this "simple" idea comes from my and some JMP users in the day-by-day activities.

In JMP already exist the function "RECALL": but... to use the RECALL function you need to open the dialog box for the specific analysis/graph/...

For the users point of view, could be very helpful to have one BUTTON in the main menu: when you push this button, JMP recall the last your action (and it open the relative sub-menu with the last your input).

9 Comments
mjoner
Level VI

I like this. Wondering whether we would want a variant (a second keyboard shortcut) that skips the dialog altogether and simply recalls the last report - but recalculated for any changes to the data. Then again, isn't this really just "Automatic Recalc" at this point - a feature we already have?

tom_abramov
Level V

Automatic recalc is in use while the report is opened. I mean, after closing the report and the dialog, some shortcut which will open last dialog in use (It exists in Minitab and it is very useful

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

Main Menu - Edit Last Command/Action has been referenced to this request.

jay_holavarri
Level III

Yes, please.

Audrey_Shull
Staff

Thanks for this great suggestion! I'm pleased to be able to let you al know that this idea has been implemented in the next release of JMP - JMP 16, which we expect to be available in March 2021. There is a keyboard shortcut, and a menu option for "Recall Last Platform". I hope to hear that people like it!

Regards,

Audrey Shull

JMP Development

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager
Status changed to: Yes, Stay Tuned!

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered

With the release of JMP 16 there is an option to Recall Last Platform.

On the Mac this is in the Window menu and has the keyboard shortcut Option-Command-L.

On Windows it's in the View menu and uses shortcut Ctrl-L. 

2021-03-30_09-58-34.729.png

tom_abramov
Level V

Hi,

Thank you for emplementation.

I see several platforms which are not included: Summary, Graph Builder, Control chart builder, Fit Model.

Please consider to add in the future.

Thank you for the feedback @tom_abramov!  We are considering your request (echoed by others) and thank you for your continued use of JMP and your active participation in this feature implementation.  -@PatrickGiuliano