cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Need to be able to lock cells and rows

We would like to be able to lock rows and cells so they cannot be edited, but allow the users to add new rows and cells.  Thanks!

6 Comments
GaryE
Level I

My group would like to have the same capability. We have a JMP file for trending purposes and need to have the rows data locked after we input/ verify them, but still be able to input new rows.

amlee2008
Level II

My use case is the same as GaryE. Want to locked previously entered data but allow new entries. You can lock and unlock all the columns but it's not a good because you could still accidentally change other data when entering new. 

Liseron
Level I

Totally agree. In the pharma industry and working with GMP data, it is imperative to be able to prove to our QA and authorities that any analysis is generated with data that have not been tempered with. At the moment we are having to use a combination of excel and JMP as data cannot be protected in JMP. None of the users in the company I work for need to be expert at JMP to get what we need from it (which is superior to Excel's capabilities) so we do not need or have time for scripting... So an option to password protect databases once they have been checked by a second operator would be a game changer.

pattidimcneill
Level III

Agree - if we were able to lock rows after they have been data verified that would be great. This would be great fix for QC needs and Subject Matter Expert needs - allowing both access to one stop shopping for data needs.

GaryE
Level I

Has there been any progress on this wishlist item?

Status changed to: Acknowledged