cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

JMP 19 pop-up banner

What inspired this wish list request? 

I'm working with JMP 18 now and once I create a control chart, I have on top of each control chart a JMP 19 pop-up banner

What is the improvement you would like to see? 

I would like to permanently deactivate this pop-up banner

Why is this idea important? 

There is a way to hide it but this needs to be done for each control chart. This is a pain.

4 Comments
hogi
Level XII

In the pop-up note there is a hint / command

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @ConvergentTree1 , thank you for your request. The Legacy Control charts will be retired in JMP 19, hence the red banner in JMP 18.  However, most of the legacy functionality is available in the control charts under Quality and Process > Control Charts (including launch dialogs).  Please let us know if there is any legacy control chart functionality that is missing from the newer control charts.

ConvergentTree1
Level I

Hi, I'm sorry but this does not help me. I know that there is a way to hide it but this needs to be done for each control chart. This is a pain. I would like to permanently deactivate this pop-up banner. I don't care about jmp19 at the moment. Thanks

mia_stephens
Staff

I understand. There is a JSL command in JMP 18 that removes the banner: Send the command, {Visibility( "Collapse" )} to the textbox.

Saving as a Platform Preset might do the trick.

First, use properties to change the visibility of the banner to Collapse (open Properties, and click on the banner, to see banner properties - visibility is under Edit), and repeat for the second banner.

mia_stephens_0-1727812887125.png

Then, save as a Platform Preset (here, I've saved as No red banner). You can apply this preset any time you launch this control chat platform, and you can share with others. 

mia_stephens_1-1727813067927.png

See https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/platform-presets.shtml# for more info on using Presets.

Please let me know if this works for you.

Thanks!