cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add drag-and-drop (no code) analytics workflow capabilities similar to Enterprise Miner

JMP is the best platform for enabling many user profiles to exploit very powerful analytics capabilities without having to write code.  The other side of that is, if we want to automate and/or reproduce this work we need to write code (jsl).  Why don't you create a no-code option to create reproducible workflows to make work reproducible, easy to interpret, easy to explain to others.  We have other platforms at my company which offer this capability and we see that people sandbox in JMP but then move their work to these other platforms to build it into a reproducible workflow using a no-code solution.  I believe Enterprise Miner has a capability similar to what I'm describing.  I personally find Dataiku Data Science Studio to be the best platform to enable this capability, it certainly has the best UI, UX and integration....but it does not have the data exploration capabilities and quickness to insights that JMP provides.  You guys should marry these two ideas.

Note, I know you probably want to tell me that JMP writes the code for you in the background to help you reproduce the work.  That's great, but that's not the solution which is needed nor desired by our users.  We want to abstract users completely from the code as much as possible.

3 Comments
VincentBechard
Level III

There exist an open-source (free!!!!) software that is even more attractive than SAS EM. It's called Orange Biolab :  https://orange.biolab.si/workflows/

I used it several times, it is very very user-friendly. It just does not have the statistical depth of JMP and SAS, although for machine learning, it does better. But the possibility to visually create the analysis path is awesome.

Are there plans to have something similar in JMP?

Mo_Ba
Level I

I totally agree on these points.

In JMP, I really miss the possibility to visually create my analytical workflow, similar to open-source software like Orange or Knime. This would provide a huge value for me and my colleagues. It would help to get a better overview of the analytical steps and make it more traceable. Furthermore, during workflow creation it would offer a visually based selection of all data transformation or analysis options that are available. Today, I find it rather confusing and difficult to know where to search and find the analytical options I need. Unfortunately, this prevents me to max out the full potential of JMP. Thus, combining the statistical depth offered by JMP with the possibility to visually set up analytical workflows with widgets / nodes / or whatever we might call it... would be just awesome as it would provide a completely new way of working. I'm really missing this option today! 

Therefore the same question from my side: are there any plans to implement this in JMP?

For sure, individual preferences might be different for this and not all users would like to switch to such a GUI.

However, it could be interesting to offer both GUI option and the possibilty to switch between them as required.

VincentBechard
Level III

Hi,

since JMP 17, there is a new feature called "Workflow". It's basically like the Excel VBA Macro recorder: it records everything with no intelligence. However, I think it is totally off track compared to SAS Enterprise Miner or my so cool Orange Biolab. I support you @Mo_Ba : definitely JMP will need something similar to SAS EM or Orange!