Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add Scroll Lock to the Column right click context menu

☐ cool new feature
☐ could help many users!

☐ removes a „bug“

☑ nice to have

☐ nobody needs it

If columns have to be visible all-time, independent of the actual position in the data table. one can lock them on the left.
To do so, one has to select the columns and click on Scroll Lock/Unlock in the Col menu.
https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/Collection-of-quot-funny-quot-JSL-newbie-questions/m-p/5756...

my wish:

Could you please add this command also to the context menu which is opened by selecting columns and right-clicking.

here the command can be found much easier.

hogi_0-1669915148060.png

7 Comments
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @hogi, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Investigating

Status changed to: Not Planned For Now

@hogi - Although we do not plan to deliver this request now, we are holding onto it for a future release and will update this issue if it becomes a priority. Thank you for the great idea!

hogi
Level XI

ok, thanks. Then let's wait for jmp 18

fs131416
Level I

What if we have a shortcut key for this function?

hogi
Level XI

that's a nice idea.
Let's see if the slightly better accessibility will help me to use this nice feature more often

hogi_0-1671058730450.png

hogi
Level XI

I just noticed that the function is also available via right click on a column in the columns menu on the left:

hogi_0-1688850039615.png

So:

• Cols (main) Menu : function available
  • right click menu context menu for columns (on the top of the table):  function missing
  • right click menu context menu for columns (on the left): function available

--> good enough:
if the user forgets which 2 of the 3 menus have the function, he can try ... and try again ...