cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Add CDFs to Graph Builder

Recommend adding the ability to create CDF plots within Graph Builder.

8 Comments
jthi
Super User

There are already quite many ways of creating CDF plotshow to make cumulative probability plots in JMP? and it can also be done in graph builder, it will require either new column or transform column (in same post). But more options is never a bad thing if they provide some additional value

Status changed to: Acknowledged

@BHarris - Thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Status changed to: Investigating

Status changed to: We like it! (in the queue)

@BHarris We have reviewed your request and think it will be a great addition to JMP. This request is in the queue of items to work on in a future release.

BHarris
Level VI

@jthi I was just playing around with Graph Builder, and it looks like setting "Summary Statistic" under the Line properties to "Cumulative Percent" seems to draw a CDF of my data.  I tried a couple of simple tests and it seems to work.

Am I misunderstanding what that setting does?

hogi
Level XI

@BHarris : I thoutght the same some while ago: 

Cumulative Percent sounded like Cumulative Probability [%] ,

but unfortunately,

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/how-to-make-cumulative-probability-plots-in-JMP/m-p/608617/... 

it doesn't sum ONES and dive by N, it sums the individual values and divides by the sum of all values:

hogi_0-1694345030888.png

So, to generate a CDF in Graph Builder, one has to key in the equation manually:
https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discussions/how-to-make-cumulative-probability-plots-in-JMP/m-p/522965/... 

This was the reason why I posted the wish Summary Statistics: add Cumulative Probability .

... as it seems: a clear duplicate of this post here.

hogi
Level XI

With this background:
Wonderful that CDF will make it into the Summary Statistics of Graph Builder

I am curious:

At the same time, Graph Builder: Summary Statistics for Smoother will be available as well, right?

Emanresu
Level I

The "Life Distribution" option in the "Reliability and Survival" module is very powerful in plotting cumulative distribution functions in a linearized way. To my knowledge is it not possible though to generate a single plot with several panels, each panel being dedicated e.g. to a certain data set. This would help if comparisons are to be made between many different data sets. Including this option in the graph builder is a great idea! Of course it would be great if this would eventually work for all kinds of distributions and censored data but perhaps a start would be complete data and the normal distribution.