Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

TripAdvisor: Hotel Guest Reviews

This add-in uses pattern matching to "web scrape" TripAdvisor hotel reviews. Guest comments can be reviewed in a JMP report window or saved to a table (e..g. for further exploration using Text Explorer).

screen1.PNG

By default 10 reviews are retrieved. The guest review hotspot (red triangle) gives you the option to increase this option up to 500.

Two word clouds are produced - one for the review titles and the other for the body content of the reviews.

Summary ratings are also retrieved together withe the map URL:

screen2.PNG

Comments
martinoweninsi0

I was in a hurry when I booked the last hotel I stayed in and only read the first couple of reviews on trip advisor. I read the rest of the reviews after I had paid. Had I used this I would have chosen a different hotel!

saitcopuroglu

is it possible to choose all language reviews, becuase it seems only english reviews come down? Many thanks

David_Burnham wrote:

This add-in uses pattern matching to "web scrape" TripAdvisor hotel reviews. Guest comments can be reviewed in a JMP report window or saved to a table (e..g. for further exploration using Text Explorer).

screen1.PNG

By default 10 reviews are retrieved. The guest review hotspot (red triangle) gives you the option to increase this option up to 500.

Two word clouds are produced - one for the review titles and the other for the body content of the reviews.

Summary ratings are also retrieved together withe the map URL:

screen2.PNG

jenkins_macedo

It would be great to have one for car restaurant, airline, and maybe major travel agencies :) Cool stuff.

Article Tags
Contributors