Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Falcon
Level I

which G rand R value should I look at?

hi

I have a question regarding Gage R&R in jump.

I have done a study and I am getting 2 Gage R&R values. I am not sure which one is the one.

I think the 38 % ?

am I correct or the 14% is the right value for the study?

Falcon_0-1668771702607.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: which G rand R value should I look at?

Hi Falcon, 

Welcome to our community!

The way I read the chart is that:  

The 36,172 is a number showing how much of the total variation is comming from your GRR study. In other words 36,172 of your variation is due to your measurement equipment and procedure. 

The 13,08 % is how much of the much of the uncertainty in your GRR you can affect by improving your measurement setup.

The intresting number here is what is found under Guage RR (RR) which is 0,9291148. That number is how much uncertainty you need to include in your uncertainity budget. Keep in mind that that number is 6*stddev (where k=6). 

If you compare that number to your specification/tolerance window you would see how much of your tolerance window is used by your measurement uncertainty.  This number is also called Precision to Tolerance Ratio or PT Ratio.

Hope that helps

Best Christian 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: which G rand R value should I look at?

Hi Falcon, 

Welcome to our community!

The way I read the chart is that:  

The 36,172 is a number showing how much of the total variation is comming from your GRR study. In other words 36,172 of your variation is due to your measurement equipment and procedure. 

The 13,08 % is how much of the much of the uncertainty in your GRR you can affect by improving your measurement setup.

The intresting number here is what is found under Guage RR (RR) which is 0,9291148. That number is how much uncertainty you need to include in your uncertainity budget. Keep in mind that that number is 6*stddev (where k=6). 

If you compare that number to your specification/tolerance window you would see how much of your tolerance window is used by your measurement uncertainty.  This number is also called Precision to Tolerance Ratio or PT Ratio.

Hope that helps

Best Christian