cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ks_SES
Level III

use different y-axis ranges for a grid plot

I wonder if there is a way to use different y-axis ranges for the 3 secondary y-axes on the left? When I tried to change the range of one of them, the other two always follow the same changes.

ks_SES_1-1586615826999.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: use different y-axis ranges for a grid plot

What you will have to do, to permit the Y axes for each of your 3 groupings to be independent, is to split the 3 groups into separate columns, and then to drag each of then to the Y axis.  I have attached an example data table that has an embedded script that generates the graph below.  The example graph only has 2 columns specified for the Y column, but adding additional columns just requires the dragging of them to the y axis.

multiple.PNG

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

What you will have to do, to permit the Y axes for each of your 3 groupings to be independent, is to split the 3 groups into separate columns, and then to drag each of then to the Y axis.  I have attached an example data table that has an embedded script that generates the graph below.  The example graph only has 2 columns specified for the Y column, but adding additional columns just requires the dragging of them to the y axis.

multiple.PNG

Jim
ks_SES
Level III

Thanks! This works for me.
pswilliams
Level I

This is useful for the primary Y axis.  Is there also an option for the secondary y axis to control what is viewed?  

For example, I'm using a secondary axis that is broken down into 3 Levels. 

I would like to create 3 columns ont Primary Y axis columns with custom ranges, and then on the secondary Y axis, I'd like to select only 1 of the 3 levels to be visible, but also for each of the 3 columns to display a different secondary axis level.  

It appears that this functionality isn't available within the secondary Y axis?  Is there a way to fix the secondary Y axis ranges in jmpscript?