cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
‘New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit – register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
learning_JSL
Level IV

trying to create and save a random subset of rows and save this to a script for later use

I am doing a very large number of validation tests on a multiple regression prediction model that I continue to tweak and would like to automate part of the validation test process using a script.  So far, I have not been able to "save to script" the part of the process where I generate and save a random subset of rows from my training dataset to use for validation testing. 

When I do this manually I: 1) generate a random subset of rows (20 percent) from my main table, 2) save the subset, and 3) delete those subset rows from the main table and save the "new" main table (note that I made sure the subset table is linked to the main table to allow this step).  I then go on to do the model analysis on the new main table and test how well the rows in the subset table fit (i.e. validation testing.) 

How do I get JMP to "record" those moves in a script?   So far, I haven't gotten it to recognize those moves.   Thanks in advance! 

10 REPLIES 10
learning_JSL
Level IV

Re: trying to create and save a random subset of rows and save this to a script for later use

Yes, that's a lot better approach Mark.  I really appreciate your taking the time to let me know about it.