cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TreeStatsNoob
Level II

shapiro-wilk test JMP 15

Just updated to JMP 15. When I check for normal distribution, the Anderson-Darling test comes up instead of the Shapiro-Wilk test. I was wondering how i could get the Shapiro-Wilk test back? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: shapiro-wilk test JMP 15

Hi @AV 

You are almost there. As @txnelson stated above.

After you enable the legacy fitters.

Select Continuous Fit and Normal

Goodness-of-Fit Test.png

Once the analysis has been performed got the red triangle next to the Fitted Normal outline and select Goodness of Fit.

Selecting Goodness of FitSelecting Goodness of Fit

This will give you the desired output.

JMP Shapiro-Wilk W TestJMP Shapiro-Wilk W Test

cheers,

Stan

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
txnelson
Super User

The Shapiro-Wilk test has deemphasized and moved to being a legacy statistic.  To gain access to it, run the Distribution Platform.  Under the red triangle for the Column being analyzed select

Continuous Fit==>Enable Legacy Fitters

Then go back to the red triangle, and the new selection option will appear

Legacy Fitters==>Continuous Fit

The Shapiro-Wilk test will be displayed when you select the Goodness of Fit under the Legacy Fitters

Jim
AV
AV
Level II

Hi,

Even after enabling the legacy filters and going to

Legacy filters ====> Continuous fit

The Shapiro-Wilk option does not show up and if if you run Normal, the KSL test result is displayed. No other Goodness of Fit option under legacy filters. See attached image. (JMP 15.1.0 Pro)

JMP GOF SW.png

stan_koprowski
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi @AV 

You are almost there. As @txnelson stated above.

After you enable the legacy fitters.

Select Continuous Fit and Normal

Goodness-of-Fit Test.png

Once the analysis has been performed got the red triangle next to the Fitted Normal outline and select Goodness of Fit.

Selecting Goodness of FitSelecting Goodness of Fit

This will give you the desired output.

JMP Shapiro-Wilk W TestJMP Shapiro-Wilk W Test

cheers,

Stan

AV
AV
Level II

Thank you very much for your quick reply and screenshots. I had done those steps and it still wouldn't work. I even reset the platform preferences to defaults just in case there was some bug. I was going crazy until I realized my sample was >2000, in which it would default either to the Anderson-Darling test only (through the new fitter, even when legacy fitter had been enabled) or the KSL test (if done via the legacy fitter). If I decrease my sample to below 2000, it works. Thanks again.
txnelson
Super User

I may not have been as precise as I should have been.

1. Open the Distribution Platform
  2. Select the column(s) you want and press OK
  3. Go to the red triangle next to the name of your column and select                                                   Continuous Fit==>Enable Legacy Fitters                                                           shapiro1.PNG 
  4. Go back to the red triangle and select                                                                                                            Continuous Fit==>Fit Normal                   shapiro2.PNG
  5. Go to the red triangle for the Fitted Normal Distribution and select                                                               Goodness of Fit                                                                                                     shapiro3.PNG
  6. The Shapiro-Wilk test will now be displayed                                                           shapiro4.PNG
Jim
AV
AV
Level II

Thank you very much for your quick reply and screenshots. I had done those steps and it still wouldn't work. I even reset the platform preferences to defaults just in case there was some bug. I was going crazy until I realized my sample was >2000, in which it would default either to the Anderson-Darling test only (through the new fitter, even when legacy fitter had been enabled) or the KSL test (if done via the legacy fitter). If I decrease my sample to below 2000, it works. Thanks again.