cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

"Program type out of range" warning

What is this for trying to tell me?  I'm seeing it a lot lately.  It doesn't appear to crash things, but it's a little disconcerting.  

Vince Faller - Predictum
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: "Program type out of range" warning

Are you doing any ODBC stuff? The only references I've found relate to issues fetching data from a database with ODBC.

It may be best to take this up with Tech Support to track down.

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_Perkinson

We're going to need some details to help here. What are you trying to do when you see this error? Does the error appear in a dialog box or in the log?

-Jeff
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

I'm doing some DOE stuff currently but I've seen it in multiple spots.  It comes up in the log right now but it's because I'm scripting.  It happens 4 or 5 times in the script I run but I haven't narrowed down which part of the script is actually causing it.  Does it mean different things in different spots?  Does it mean something in general?

Vince Faller - Predictum
Jeff_Perkinson

Are you doing any ODBC stuff? The only references I've found relate to issues fetching data from a database with ODBC.

It may be best to take this up with Tech Support to track down.

-Jeff
vince_faller
Super User (Alumni)

Yeah. I'm doing ODBC stuff in a lot of places. I'll check out my odbc calls then.  Thanks. 

Vince Faller - Predictum
Craige_Hales
Super User

Jeff's right, need more info. I'm having no luck finding where JMP might generate that message.

Craige