cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
hallef18
Level I

over lay plot

I've graphed why data sets. I'm trying to overlay them using graph builder so I can manipulate / scale the axis but I'm only able to figure out how to stack (or over lay using Graph->Legacy->Overlay which doesn't let me manipulate the axis like I'd like). Any Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: over lay plot

Ah......I didn't pick up on the fact that you wanted the graphs to be on top of each other.  What you need to do for that, is to drag both Y variables to the Y drop area at the same time, or drag one and then the other to the center of the Y drop area.  Then right click on the Y axis and select "Move Right" to move one of the axes to the right side of the graph.  Then you will be able to adjust the 2 axes independently.

txnelson_0-1689217921409.png

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Go directly to Graph Builder.

Drag Voltage to the X axis

Drag Ideal J to the Y axis

Drag I to the bottom of the Y axis

To change the Ideal J axis, move to the Y axis for the axis for the values for the Ideal J on the graph, and right click.  Select Axis Settings, and the values set will be changed only for the Ideal J values.

Repeat the same for the I values

The image you attached appears to be what you need to do.  Just move to the Y axis area you want to change, right click, select Axis Settings, and make the changes.

Jim
hallef18
Level I

hmm Im a bit confused. I was able to drag the axis's but that scaled. It didn't overlay the graphs on top of each other. Did I miss understand?

txnelson
Super User

Ah......I didn't pick up on the fact that you wanted the graphs to be on top of each other.  What you need to do for that, is to drag both Y variables to the Y drop area at the same time, or drag one and then the other to the center of the Y drop area.  Then right click on the Y axis and select "Move Right" to move one of the axes to the right side of the graph.  Then you will be able to adjust the 2 axes independently.

txnelson_0-1689217921409.png

Jim