cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Françoise
Level V

organizing a journal

hello,

i've made a journal for a presentation.

but, I would like to change the order of the outlines item.

How to move these?

best regards

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: organizing a journal

In JMP, change to the selection tool (under tools > selection or hit the "s" key on your keyboard).  Select the item that you want to move and drag it where you want it.  Depending on the size of the journal and what you have in the outline items there may be a slight lag while moving things around, but this is rare.  When I'm reorganizing journals, I'll close all the outline items to make it easier to move them around and see where they are going.  

You might also have a look at this webinar:  Creating, Using and Sharing JMP Journals

Best,

M

View solution in original post

When working with a journal, @brady_brady's Journal Text Sledgehammer is a must-have. I use it every time I work with journals. Makes mass-editing things like font sizes and wrapping easy, and also has a button for opening and closing all outlines.

Also, here is the selection tool in action:

JournalSelectionTool.gif

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Use the Selection tool from the Toolbar or Tools Menu.

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz048.png

Then click on the outline node you want to move to select it. Then drag it to the new location.

MoveOutineBox.gif

-Jeff

4 REPLIES 4

In JMP, change to the selection tool (under tools > selection or hit the "s" key on your keyboard).  Select the item that you want to move and drag it where you want it.  Depending on the size of the journal and what you have in the outline items there may be a slight lag while moving things around, but this is rare.  When I'm reorganizing journals, I'll close all the outline items to make it easier to move them around and see where they are going.  

You might also have a look at this webinar:  Creating, Using and Sharing JMP Journals

Best,

M

When working with a journal, @brady_brady's Journal Text Sledgehammer is a must-have. I use it every time I work with journals. Makes mass-editing things like font sizes and wrapping easy, and also has a button for opening and closing all outlines.

Also, here is the selection tool in action:

JournalSelectionTool.gif

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt
Françoise
Level V

hello,

It' OK. thanks!

(from a french user of JMP since JMP4 !)

best regards

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Use the Selection tool from the Toolbar or Tools Menu.

Parallels DesktopScreenSnapz048.png

Then click on the outline node you want to move to select it. Then drag it to the new location.

MoveOutineBox.gif

-Jeff