cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
farida
Level I

non parametric KS test of two samples

How to do non-parametric kolmogorov smirnov test with two sapmle using jmp? I have long time series data, so which format do I need to do for the input in jmp? I mean excel, or text file etc?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: non parametric KS test of two samples

The Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is available under the Fit Y by X Platform.  The Statistics Index provides an example

Help==>Statistics Index==>Kolmogorov-Smirnov

JMP allows you to read data in from either Excel or txt files.  The format for the data needs to be in 2 columns.  One that contains the measurement data, and a second column which shows which of the 2 groups you are testing, each data value goes with.  See the example below

sex	age
Male	36
Male	23
Male	29
Male	39
Male	34
Female	42
Female	40
Male	28
Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

The Kolmogorov-Smirnov test is available under the Fit Y by X Platform.  The Statistics Index provides an example

Help==>Statistics Index==>Kolmogorov-Smirnov

JMP allows you to read data in from either Excel or txt files.  The format for the data needs to be in 2 columns.  One that contains the measurement data, and a second column which shows which of the 2 groups you are testing, each data value goes with.  See the example below

sex	age
Male	36
Male	23
Male	29
Male	39
Male	34
Female	42
Female	40
Male	28
Jim
farida
Level I

Thanks for nice reply. It was really helpful.