Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dahuang
Level I

map shape definition: show x/y coordinate instead of x/y values

hi, 

I am trying to define a map shape file for a wafer map. 

x/y coordinates has different scales: for example, 1 incremental x means 10mm on the wafer; 1 incremental y means 20mm on the wafer. 

I have defined a functional map file and all shapes look correct. However, the x/y axis shows actual values in terms of mm.

I would like the map to look the same and still give the correct shape but x/y axis shows coordinates instead of values. Which means that I want x/y axis to be on different scales. 

Anyone can help me? Thx.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dahuang
Level I

Re: map shape definition: show x/y coordinate instead of x/y values

hi, Mark

Thx for your suggestions. 

A simple axis conversion might not work. For example, if I use x_new = x_old/10, y_new = y_old/20. If shifts my x/y differently, and the shape of my wafer map is not a circle anymore. 

I figure out a walk-around by myself. In the defined x/y column, I edit column property: axis to not show default ticks. Instead, I re-define my coordinates as reference lines(not show the line though). This works for me since I don't have too many ordinates to define. If it is more complicated coordinate system, we need extra script to handle this part. 

dahuang_0-1673035163654.png

Thx.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I suggest you create a pair of new columns with the coordinates derived from the columns of actual values. JMP will not transform values for you automatically in Graph Builder.

dahuang
Level I

hi, Mark

Thx for your suggestions. 

A simple axis conversion might not work. For example, if I use x_new = x_old/10, y_new = y_old/20. If shifts my x/y differently, and the shape of my wafer map is not a circle anymore. 

I figure out a walk-around by myself. In the defined x/y column, I edit column property: axis to not show default ticks. Instead, I re-define my coordinates as reference lines(not show the line though). This works for me since I don't have too many ordinates to define. If it is more complicated coordinate system, we need extra script to handle this part. 

dahuang_0-1673035163654.png

Thx.