cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mikasa
Level II

how to define a column as a label point in a graph by graph builder?

Hi everyone,

I am familiar with Label/Unlabel, feature to make a column data as point labels in a graph. But I have different graphs and I need different column to be labeled on the points for each separately. If I label the column it will show up in all graph and I will have all the columns in the graph that does not really need that label.

How I can separately have a column labeled in a graph and another column for another graph.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: how to define a column as a label point in a graph by graph builder?

I believe that you will have to do one of the below choices.

1. Create a subset of your data for each graph where you will need independent labeling.
  2. Create the graph with the desired labeling and then copy the graph to an open Journal, which will retain the current display.
  3. Add a Graphics Script to the graph that uses the Text labeling capability of JSL's graphic primitives'.

I don't think Hover Labels will get you what you want, but another Community Member may have an insight.

Jim
Mikasa
Level II

Thank you Jim,
1- I have more than 10 graph and the scripting subset for each one is kinda a pain and make the script very ugly but it might be the only solution.
2- As I mentioned above, I have a script making all graphs from data table. JMP sometimes closed the windows when I click on Run, which I guess is because the script in handling a lot of graphs.
3-I do not know how to do that for my case. I have columns that show different Recipes for different Operations. and another column that shows the LOT number is related to the specific recipe. The points on each graph for each Operation, need to be labeled the LOT number and its recipe in that Operation
txnelson
Super User

If you have issues developing the solution for the direction you choose to take, the Community will be there to help.
Jim