cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
belinda
Level I

how do i compare three categories against a yes or no response?

I want to be able to test hypothesis that we are not saying "No" to clients based on the category they are in.

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: how do i compare three categories against a yes or no response?

Belinda,

Use Fit Y by X with your groups as the X and the Y/N as the Y.  You will get the graphical Mosaic plot with associated ChiSq tests (the "eyeball" test of the Mosaic plot may provide you all of the information that you need).  For a specific test of hypothesis (all proportions equal vs. at least one mean has a different proportion) under the red triangle select "Analysis of Means for Proportions".  If the groups differ it will be clear as to which group(s) differ from the overall proportion.

julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: how do i compare three categories against a yes or no response?

Hi Belinda,

This sounds like a chi-square test of independence, which can be obtained in Fit Y b X as Karen noted. I wanted to add that your data can be in raw or summarized form, but if you have summary data you will need to use the "Freq" role in Fit Y by X. I've attached a screenshot of example data, both in raw and summary format, with the setup in Fit Y by X and the output.

I hope this helps!

Julian

6900_Chi Sqaure TOI.jpg