cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jasongao
Level II

got duplicate items after using split

Got a table attached here (test.jmp). After I used split function like below, I got duplicate items and the N number is also not correct. Anybody knows what is wrong? Thanks a lot! 

Table: 

Cap.JPG

Split setting:

Capture.JPG

Result I got, which contains duplicate items:

Capture1.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: got duplicate items after using split

You need to put supplier_wafer_id into the Group role.

That will create one row per supplier_wafer_id.

2019-11-18_17-59-45.171.png

-Jeff

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dale_lehman
Level VII

That's not what I get.  First of all, I would not select all 3 columns to keep - the one you are splitting and the one you split by will already be used - just select "Keep all."  When I do that I get 9 rows and the ID column shows no duplicates.  But another strange thing is that the ID column contains a string of around 13 characters - in your image it looks like you have a single letter.  So, I'm not sure what is going on since it looks like you get 9 rows like I do.  But I would not select all 3 columns to keep when two of them are being used in the dialog to split and split by.

jasongao
Level II

Thanks. I think I uploaded the wrong file, but it basically the same. If you look carefully, it has duplicate items for 13 characters item too.

I re-uploaded the file. I tried keep all, it is the same.

Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager Community Manager

You need to put supplier_wafer_id into the Group role.

That will create one row per supplier_wafer_id.

2019-11-18_17-59-45.171.png

-Jeff
dale_lehman
Level VII

Indeed, that works. And Tabulate does the same thing. Personally I like tabulate better than splitting and stacking tables.
dale_lehman
Level VII

If you look at the distribution of defect_class and select a couple and subset them, you will see that the duplicate ID rows show up for some defect classes and not others.  I'm not entirely sure what is happening, but I think what you might want to use is Analyze - Tabulate and put defect_class in the columns and ID in the rows and then put the N_rows int the table portion (selecting either mean, N, max, or some other statistic, as appropriate).