cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New to using JMP? Hit the ground running with the Early User Edition of Discovery Summit. Register now, free of charge.
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
emmablue
Level III

export JMP into excel with row states

Hello, I'm using a script to select some rows in JMP and color the rows, but I need to share the table with some non-JMP users. Would it be possible to export JMP into excel with row states like coloring and labeling of individual rows? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: export JMP into excel with row states

I think JMP can export colored cells to Excel but not row states. For row states you might have to add extra columns to indicate them or create a single row state column which they then would have to be able to decrypt.

Red cells here have been colored by "Color by Row State" and for that reason are not copied over. Time Marker column demonstrates row state column

jthi_0-1724823568225.png

Some stuff to read about row states https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/row-states.shtml

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

I think JMP can export colored cells to Excel but not row states. For row states you might have to add extra columns to indicate them or create a single row state column which they then would have to be able to decrypt.

Red cells here have been colored by "Color by Row State" and for that reason are not copied over. Time Marker column demonstrates row state column

jthi_0-1724823568225.png

Some stuff to read about row states https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/18.0/#page/jmp/row-states.shtml

-Jarmo
emmablue
Level III

It's a great idea to create a new column for row state. Thank you!!

jthi
Super User

Functions like Labeled(), Excluded(), Hidden() and so on might be useful when adding new columns

jthi_2-1724862156625.png

jthi_1-1724862116619.png

-Jarmo