cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

entering the last value of a list

I'm attempting to get the last value from a list that was created using the following:

x = :Values << get values;

I tried using x[n rows()] since I know that works with the get as matrix() function, but the list is nominal and I keep getting an error.

Any help is appreciated. I'm using JMP 11

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
pmroz
Super User

Re: entering the last value of a list

x[nrows(x)];

That should do it.

View solution in original post

hlrauch
Level III

If the data type of the Values column is "Character" (and therefore the modeling type of the Values column is either nominal or ordinal), then x is a list instead of a matrix. (Values in a list is enclosed in curly braces {} instead of brackets [] ). In that case try using the N Items() function instead of the N Rows() function.

lastitem = x[N Items( x )];

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pmroz
Super User

x[nrows(x)];

That should do it.

hlrauch
Level III

If the data type of the Values column is "Character" (and therefore the modeling type of the Values column is either nominal or ordinal), then x is a list instead of a matrix. (Values in a list is enclosed in curly braces {} instead of brackets [] ). In that case try using the N Items() function instead of the N Rows() function.

lastitem = x[N Items( x )];

works great. Thanks