Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ohad_s
Level III

computer recommendations

Hi,

I need a new pc to handle my jmp analysis. the PC will be used only for jmp.

most of my data is > 150M rows.

my raw data is multiple csv files with an overall size of > 50giga.

my current computer with 16 giga RAM and i12 process is not handling this amount of data.

I like to get suggestions from people here about the hardware I need.

thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: computer recommendations

My personal thoughts, others will have additional great input

CPU:  JMP Platforms use multiple threads for processing, so I suggest as fast a processor with as many cores and threads as you can afford.

RAM: JMP tables are required to be in memory for processing so I suggest 64gig of RAM

HardDrive(Disk Storage):  At least a terabyte M.2 solid state drive

GPU:  Not a lot of complex rendering or video in JMP, so get a good Graphics card, but  a high end card is not required.

Monitor(s):  At least dual monitors at 1080x1920 or more.

Jim

View solution in original post

jthi
Super User

Just knowing the row count doesn't really mean anything as the tables could just contain single column with all values being same integer (column count and data structures do matter (integer vs float, character vs numeric and so on...). You could also contact JMP Support through email, they will most likely be able to provide you more accurate recommendation. They also know which extra questions to ask so they can come up with the best possible suggestion.

My only suggestion is to have as fast as possible memory and as much of it as possible.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
txnelson
Super User

My personal thoughts, others will have additional great input

CPU:  JMP Platforms use multiple threads for processing, so I suggest as fast a processor with as many cores and threads as you can afford.

RAM: JMP tables are required to be in memory for processing so I suggest 64gig of RAM

HardDrive(Disk Storage):  At least a terabyte M.2 solid state drive

GPU:  Not a lot of complex rendering or video in JMP, so get a good Graphics card, but  a high end card is not required.

Monitor(s):  At least dual monitors at 1080x1920 or more.

Jim
lala
Level VII

回复: computer recommendations

It is recommended that you first extract the CSV using "EmEditor" segmentation into JMP.

jthi
Super User

Just knowing the row count doesn't really mean anything as the tables could just contain single column with all values being same integer (column count and data structures do matter (integer vs float, character vs numeric and so on...). You could also contact JMP Support through email, they will most likely be able to provide you more accurate recommendation. They also know which extra questions to ask so they can come up with the best possible suggestion.

My only suggestion is to have as fast as possible memory and as much of it as possible.

-Jarmo
Ohad_s
Level III

you are correct.

my tables are between around 12 columns, most of them are continuous numeric data (float), 1 or 2 are character