cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
AY
AY
Level II

call .exe, let it run and open another .jsl after .exe closed

Hi. I want to run my .exe application using JMP script and after .exe closed, I want my JMP script to execute another script sequentially. Right now, if i run my code, both .exe and .jsl run at the same time. I need output from .exe as an input to my .jsl which is why I need .exe to finish running first. Below is my code. Anyone can help me? 

Open("C:\GetICOS_CSVs.exe");
include("C:\ICOS_Data Pull\CombineCSVs_Split_By_UnitID.jsl");

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: call .exe, let it run and open another .jsl after .exe closed

Rather than using the OPEN() command to run your .exe, take a look at using Run Program()

Jim

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Rather than using the OPEN() command to run your .exe, take a look at using Run Program()

Jim
AY
AY
Level II

Hi @txnelson ,

I tried using RunProgram(). It work as what I want. But somehow, when I try using it with my add-in, it prompt me this error : 

"CreateProcess failed with error 2: The system cannot find the file specified"

I don't know what is wrong and how to solve this problem. Below is current code that I use:

mcr = RunProgram(Executable("$ADDIN_HOME(com.jmp.matlabinjmp)/Get_CSVs_19.exe"),
Read Function("blob"));

// call another .jsl to concatenate table
include("$ADDIN_HOME(com.jmp.matlabinjmp)/CombineCSVs_Split_By_UnitID.jsl");