Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
gudubet55
Level I

autoscaling of graphs in dashboard

Hi,

I am relatively new to scripting.

I want to create a dashboard with a few reports and I would like to run it every week  with the updated data table (it is weekly analysis report). I have managed to  autoscale the axis of the graphs (x axis is week , y axis is count) by removing min and max values in the script, and it works well with the updated data table when I run the graph builder script itself. However, when i run the same script in the dashboard jsl, it won't autoscale the axis, i cannot see the latest week.

can someone help please

1 REPLY 1

Re: autoscaling of graphs in dashboard

Hi @gudubet55 - I have two questions that may help to understand the behavior you are describing:

1. Do you have the "Lock Scales" option set in Graph Builder?  This option will cause the axis extents to be saved to the script, even if they have not been changed.

2. When you talk about dashboard behaviors, are you creating the script using Dashboard Builder or directly using JSL?  I ask because Dashboard Builder will query the platform to get an updated script, which may re-introduce the fixed axis extents that you are trying to avoid.

-Dan