cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
saitcopuroglu
Level IV

Wouldn't it be nice to export tabulate to excel with header rows as hierarchies

We are able to import multiple column header rows as hieararchies when importing excel to jmp. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to to it opposite way directly from tabulate to excel with merged cells..etc...?

9336_2015-07-30_15-42-40.png

9337_2015-07-30_15-44-18.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Wouldn't it be nice to export tabulate to excel with header rows as hierarchies

Hmm, I am always trying to get data out of excel and into JMP, not the other way around. However, you can get there if you "go around the block".  Select the tabulate output with the selector tool, paste into word, copy from word to excel.  Not ideal for repetitive tasks but it works (at least on a Mac ).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Wouldn't it be nice to export tabulate to excel with header rows as hierarchies

Hmm, I am always trying to get data out of excel and into JMP, not the other way around. However, you can get there if you "go around the block".  Select the tabulate output with the selector tool, paste into word, copy from word to excel.  Not ideal for repetitive tasks but it works (at least on a Mac ).

saitcopuroglu
Level IV

Thank you, it really is not for repetitive tasking but it works (luckily I am on Mac also).

Actually there are many managers in the company who would like to play with the data as they wish (sort, formulate, format) so excel is still a must for them. hi-tech but untouchable html5 output is not an output for them, 'it is only a picture' as they say...

I wish the beloved developers hear my dreams and they make it one day come true

Many thanks again!