cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JulieSAppel
Level IV

Window/text box size

Hi,

A very simple question that is still causing me some trouble. How do I change the size of the window so that it displays the full text (Input dosing date and time) when running the below script?

defdosingday = Today();

New Window( "Input dosing date and time",
	<<Modal,
	<<return result,
	V List Box(
		Text Box( "Date & time" ),
		str1 = Number Edit Box( defdosingday, 10, <<SetFunction( Function( {that}, dosingday = str1 << get ) ) ), 

str1 << set format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m" ) ),

),
	H List Box( Button Box( "OK" ), Button Box( "Cancel" ) ), 
);

I´ve tried different approaches but nothing works.

Br Julie

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Window/text box size

Try this example.

Names Default To Here( 1 );

defdosingday = Today();

New Window( "Input dosing date and time",
	<<Modal,
	<<Return Result,
	V List Box(
		Text Box( "Date & time" ),
		str1 = Number Edit Box( defdosingday, 10, << Set Format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m" ) ) )
	),
	H List Box( Button Box( "OK" ), Button Box( "Cancel" ) )
);
JulieSAppel
Level IV

Thanks @Mark_Bailey but that unfortunately doesn´t change anything. The text "Input dosing date & time" is still cropped.

Shouldn´t the script contain some information on the intended size of the window or box?

I added enough spaces at the end of the text in the text box to force the window wider and display the entire window title.

In your script, the "10" is a field width for the Number Edit Box that will determine its width.  However, the subsequent <<SetFormat call will reset the width, using a default width for the given format unless a specific width is given.  The default for the format that you have is 19 characters, so try something like this to make the box wider:

str1 << set format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m", 22 ) ),