cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JulieSAppel
Level IV

Window/text box size

Hi,

A very simple question that is still causing me some trouble. How do I change the size of the window so that it displays the full text (Input dosing date and time) when running the below script?

defdosingday = Today();

New Window( "Input dosing date and time",
	<<Modal,
	<<return result,
	V List Box(
		Text Box( "Date & time" ),
		str1 = Number Edit Box( defdosingday, 10, <<SetFunction( Function( {that}, dosingday = str1 << get ) ) ), 

str1 << set format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m" ) ),

),
	H List Box( Button Box( "OK" ), Button Box( "Cancel" ) ), 
);

I´ve tried different approaches but nothing works.

Br Julie

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Window/text box size

Try this example.

Names Default To Here( 1 );

defdosingday = Today();

New Window( "Input dosing date and time",
	<<Modal,
	<<Return Result,
	V List Box(
		Text Box( "Date & time" ),
		str1 = Number Edit Box( defdosingday, 10, << Set Format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m" ) ) )
	),
	H List Box( Button Box( "OK" ), Button Box( "Cancel" ) )
);
JulieSAppel
Level IV

Thanks @Mark_Bailey but that unfortunately doesn´t change anything. The text "Input dosing date & time" is still cropped.

Shouldn´t the script contain some information on the intended size of the window or box?

I added enough spaces at the end of the text in the text box to force the window wider and display the entire window title.

In your script, the "10" is a field width for the Number Edit Box that will determine its width.  However, the subsequent <<SetFormat call will reset the width, using a default width for the given format unless a specific width is given.  The default for the format that you have is 19 characters, so try something like this to make the box wider:

str1 << set format( Format( "ddMonyyyy h:m", 22 ) ),