cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ChristinaF
Level I

Why does "Link to original data table" selection remove values in formulated columns in the created subset?

I have a question about subsetting a data table.  When I created a subset which included some columns with formulas "+", I initially checked off the selection "Link to original data table" for the new subset I was creating.  After this was done, any column from the original data table subsetted into the new data table that had a formula associated with it showed no data at all.

However, I went back to experiment and created more data tables only changing the bottom selections:

Subset 1 - selected "link to original data table"

Subset 2 - selected "copy formula"

Subset 3 - selected both "copy formula" and "suppress formula evaluation"

In subsets 2 and 3 the data from columns with formulas was correctly transcribed into the new subsets. No differences.

My question is - why do the formulated columns' data not transcribe to the new subset when "link to original data table" is selected? 

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
ih
Super User (Alumni) ih
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Why does "Link to original data table" selection remove values in formulated columns in the created subset?

Are there values in the original table for the exact rows you refer to in the subset table?

With link to original table checked I believe the values calculated in original table are displayed in the subset table, so from my experience if a value is missing in the subset table it is also missing in the original table.

Can you post an example of your issue?